Red & Yellow Certificate
Price: Rs 40,000
8-10 hours / week
About Account Leadership
Advertising, media and communications agencies and their teams need future-fit managers who can inspire and lead a diverse mix of creative talent to perform at the highest levels, conceptualising innovative solutions to complex problems, capitalising on new ideas and technologies, and delivering world-class creative output.
This course will equip agency managers – both aspiring and current – with the skills required to manage people and processes for maximum, creative business performance, to make sound financial decisions, to drive product positioning and customer support, and to respond to business-related problems in creative and innovative ways
Individual Price Rs 43,000
Course Structure of the Account Leadership
Duration: 13 Weeks
• What is the role of Account Management? Why is it a Leadership role?
• Client challenges and how agency can help.
• Knowledge – what you need to know.
• Passport factors (contact reports, status reports etc.)
• Relationship building (internal and external); and
• Prioritization & time management.
• Taking briefs – asking the right questions.
• Writing creative briefs to inspire.
• Understanding proposition writing.
• How to evaluate creative.
• How to give constructive feedback.
• Building a strong creative-account management partnership; and
• Fostering a creative work environment.
• The art of Creative Presentations.
• How to plan, lead and close the creative presentation.
• The sales side of Account Management.
• How Clients feel in creative presentations.
• Separating Ideas and Executions.
• Roles and behaviour in meetings incl Body Language.
• Stimulus materials, what to leave behind; and
• How to follow up and close the sale.
• Understanding remuneration, time & resource management.
• Managing the double profit imperative – theirs and yours.
• The importance of budgeting.
• Why collecting the cash is so vital.
• Growing the business – organic growth vs other types
• Innovation and adding value to clients.
• How creative people are motivated – mastery, autonomy, purpose; and
• Why relationships help build businesses.
• Understanding the importance of ethical and socially responsible marketing.
• Unpacking the Advertising Code of Practice and sectoral codes.
• The role of the Advertising Regulatory Board and how it works.
• The importance of diversity in advertising and communications.
• B-BBEE and the MAC Sector Charter; and
• ESG as a strategic imperative for business.
What You'll learn
- apply the principles of account leadership (not simply management) within an agency environment;
- navigate internal workflow, process and stakeholder relationship issues;
- master budgeting, targets, profitability and other key agency financial goals and metrics;
- take greater strategic ownership of client accounts (as opposed to simply taking orders and managing
- deliver and sell great work, win business, grow revenue and build strong, long-standing relationships with
Who should take this course?
Study Account Leadership
Manage people and processes for maximum, creative business performance