About The Programme
Human Resource Management (BCom)
This Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management from MANCOSA provides students with a strong grounding in the fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
The systemic focus aims to integrate human resource functions into the organisations’ business processes using best practices.
A secondary purpose is to provide a convenient and appropriate avenue into Human Resource Management studies and eventually gainful employment for students coming straight out of school.
Who Should Attend
Duration: 3 years
- Introduction to Business Management
- Economics 1A
- End User Computing
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics 1B
- Business Communication
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Organisational Leadership
- Organisational Staffing
- Training and Development
- Principles of Labour Law
- Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- Human Resource Ethics in Business
- Business Statistics
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Performance Management
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Career Management
- Group Dynamics and Leadership
- Labour and Employee Relations
- Employee Benefits and Compensation
- Diversity Management
- Human Resource Strategy
Upon successful completion of the BCom Human Resource Management, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the applied competence in the field of Human Resource Management.
- Apply a systemic focus to the Human Resource Management function within an organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to co-ordinate and manage core Human Resource Management processes at an operational level.
- Apply the basic theoretical principles of problem solving within the fields of business and Human Resource Management.
- Design, conduct and evaluate basic research on Human Resource Management issues.
- Understand and interpret the ethical, legal and professional principles of Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management.
- Acquire acceptable employment seeking skills for entry into the field of Human Resource and Business Management.
This programme is delivered through online learning and digital support.