About The Higher Certificate in Information Technology
The Higher Certificate in Information Technology from MANCOSA is a 1 year programme and provides a structured programme for persons wishing to work as information technology support staff in public and private sector organisations. The qualification aims to develop an integrated conceptual understanding, synthesis and application of information technology principles. It will also develop communication and project management skills, and provide students with skills in information technology support. This qualification covers fundamental concepts and components into technology and operation of modern information systems.
EnquiryYou have more questions? Want to get in touch with Honoris Educational Network? Please complete all fields. A dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
Who Should Attend
Duration: 1 year
- Computer Hardware and Architecture
- Web Development
- Essential Business Mathematics
- End User Computing
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Introduction to Programming
- Networking Fundamentals
Upon successful completion of the Higher Certificate in Information Technology, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the information technology environment of an organisation.
- Utilise technology to communicate effectively.
- Operate as information technology support staff.
- Undertake basic information technology tasks in an organisation.
- Apply, implement and maintain the basic principles of information technology systems.
- Compile information for business decision making.