About The Higher Certificate in Project Management
Project Management has emerged in the business world as one of the most popular career fields in the twenty-first century. It encompasses and touches every facet and business unit of the organisation from human resources to finance and information technology. Having a project management qualification enables individuals to easily switch careers. The project management framework cuts across all disciplines while the tools and techniques required to manage projects remain the same. Some of these tools and techniques may need to be adapted based on the nature of the project and the industry.
This Higher Certificate in Project Management from MANCOSA is intended to provide students with the framework for understanding the dynamics of project management and covers all the essential elements and processes in project management. This Higher Certificate in Project Management is online-based with workshop available on weekends.
EnquiryYou have more questions? Want to get in touch with Honoris Educational Network? Please complete all fields. A dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
Who Should Attend
Duration: 1 year
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Project Scope and Time Management
- Introduction to Project Quality Management
- Project Schedule, Cost and Budget Control
- Project Risk Management
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
Upon successful completion of the Higher Certificate in Project Management, the student should be able to:
- Practice the process of project management and its application in delivering successful projects;
- Evaluate a project to develop the scope of work, provide accurate cost estimates and to plan the various activities;
- Understand and use risk management analysis techniques that identify the factors that put a project at risk and to quantify the likely effect of risk on project timescales;
- Identify the resources required for a project and to produce a work plan and resource schedule;
- Distinguish between the different types of the project and follow the stages needed to negotiate an appropriate contract; and
- Develop a project plan and change control systems to integrate the various project elements.