About The Programme
Business Management (Postgraduate Diploma)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management from MANCOSA is a one year postgraduate programme that provides students with advanced knowledge, skills and competencies in the key functional areas of business management. This programme will ensure that students are able to apply their management competencies to the complex and changing business environment in order to drive organisational growth.
Upon successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management, there is articulation pathway to the Master of Business Administration. The first semester of the MBA Stage One is exempt, thus completing the MBA in only 1 additional year (including dissertation writing).
Who Should Attend
Duration: 1 year
- Human Resource Development
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Organisational Behaviour
One of the following electives:
- Advanced Project Management
- Managerial Economics
- Business Ethics
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply the concepts and theories of management and leadership.
- Manage human resources in the organisation.
- Interpret and analyse financial statements.
- Apply principles of marketing to the target audience.
- Critically analyse business opportunities and cases.
- Possess sound leadership / management values.
- Integrate knowledge from different functional management fields.
- Identify and solve problems in functional management disciplines in an innovative way.
- Manage information systems effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a business strategy.
This programme is delivered through supported distance learning. Workshops are held each semester to support students in their studies.